Step 2: Customized Training
Intensive Frontline Research.
We’ve been in all of your branches, read every frontline survey and talked to your management team. We know your bank – and its people – extremely well. As we move through this process, we are systematically compiling a list of every issue that should be addressed in training.
We discuss that list with appropriate management, reverting back to reports to support our recommendations, and together, construct an agenda for training.
Facilitated individually by WE President, Sharon Tercha or as a team, training begins with very specific examples of our findings in your bank. We compliment and encourage, sharing examples of positive experiences (best practices) – while discussing exchanges that could be improved.
The environment is very relaxed and invites participation and feedback. We don’t just “teach” – we learn more about your people, their opinions and your bank. Training always includes fun and interactive exercises that keep the energy high and participants engaged.
At the end of each session, all relevant issues and comments are logged and reported along with recommendations for how to address.
Some of the most common themes for training include:
• How to approach a new or unfamiliar customer
• How to cross-sell to a current customer (on the teller line)
• How to use the teller screen to make recommendations
• How to “read” a customer and take their cues
• How to showcase the benefits of your products
• How to convert CD customers into multiple-relationship customers